Monday 5 January 2015

That's My Jam #41 - Tongues - Colours In The Dark


New Year resolution time.  I'm going to stop bullshitting about bands and artists I know nothing about, and just instead admit that fact and let the music do the talking.  Which is why I can literally say all I know about Tongues is that it involves Tim Kwant from Glasgow electro-pop band Kill The Waves and that this track, Colours In The Dark  is available to download via Bandcamp now.  Truth be told, that actually might be all there is to know...

Influences of Hot Chip and, closer to home, Miaoux Miaoux swirl around in here, as the track loops round, never really marking where sections begin or end.  But that's part of the appeal, as the four minutes don't seem enough, and before you know it you've listened to the track on repeat for 20 minutes.  Delightful stuff for a Monday afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment