Wednesday 16 January 2013

We're Only Here For The Banter - King Post Kitsch


King Post Kitsch a.k.a. Charlie Ward isn't the type of musician to be all over the internet with bells and whistles spouting about this that and the next thing.  Often one finds that bands/artists who promote themselves to the nth degree fail to have the substance behind that.  King Post Kitsch on the other hand, has talent and substance in bags!  So let's shout about it just a little bit!  Ahead of our gig with blogging buddies Aye Tunes and Peenko on Saturday 26th January we caught up for a chat with King Post Kitsch who is on the bill.

Hello, how are you?

I'm very well, thanks.

It's the question everyone hates, but could you tell us a little bit about your music and your influences?


I'm not sure about influences, but there are certain artists and bands who I tend to go back to every year.  Like Richard Hell, Bert Jansch, Can, Captain Beefheart, Brian Eno, Neil Young etc.  Maybe these folks find their way into my music.  I'm not so sure though.

What's your song writing process like?


Melody first, or music first, or just build from a lyric or sound I find interesting.  They all work for me, I don't really have a preferred way.  Though which way I do it definitely has an influence on what type of song it will be.  And if one method dominates, it will shape that particular project/album/EP.

What could we expect to see from a live show?

Good clean fun.

If it were all to end tomorrow, what would you say has been your greatest achievement?


My grandchildren.

What have you got planned for 2013?

Gigs.  Albums.  Gigs.

What other artists (Scottish or not) would you recommend to the Scottish Fiction readers?

I haven't really been listening to much new music recently, I'm still on the last RM Hubbert and Randolphs Leap releases.

Thanks for speaking with us, would you care to share a joke with us?

There are 10 types of people in this world; those that understand binary, and those that don't.


Check out more from King Post Kitsch

Facebook        Twitter        Website


King Post Kitsch plays Scottish Fiction Presents: Aye Tunes vs. Peenko on Saturday 26th January at The 13th Note.  Get your tickets here



 

No comments:

Post a Comment